Sunday, January 6

Dizzying colors

I really want to get back into the sewing frenzy that was last spring semester. I'm drunk on looking at all the fabrics on reprodepot.com. Here are the highlights:
Loving the jaguar motifs
Photobucket
Photobucket
"Wicked" florals
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Abstracts
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
and Animals
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
That isn't houndstooth. It's tiny bunnies!
Reprodepot also had this hilarious patch. Why do I think skin cancer is so funny?
Photobucket

I wish I could design fabrics. Maybe Marimekko will hire me even though I have no experience and I can live in Finland forever. I also have this fantasy of making an anthropology themed small clothing line: screenprinted monkeys on circle skirt dresses, knit sweater dress with the Zinjanthropus skull on it... Well I have a large pile of clothing that needs to be repaired before I start making new things. I am quite excited for grad school because I won't have to have job (stipend time!), so theoretically I'll have more time for creative endeavors. Hopefully

No comments: