Sunday, December 30

The albums

I know it is popular to have a top 10 or 25 albums of the year, and I feel compelled to participate as I am a DJ/music director of a college radio station. However, it opens you up to a lot of criticism. People can be so passionate about music, and rankings are rather pretentious (very pattie kat-esque). So this year will end with merely a list of albums I enjoyed in 2007 in no particular order:

Jens Lekman- Night falls over Kortedala
Gruff Rhys- Candylion
Frida Hyvoenen- Until Death Comes
The Good, The Bad & the Queen- S/T
Junior Senior- Hey Hey My My Yo Yo Yo
Air- Pocket Symphony
Blue States- First Steps into...
Coconut Records- Nighttiming
Blonde Redhead-23
The Bees- Octopus
The Rosebuds-Night of the Furies
Stars- In Our Bedroom after the War
Deadelus- Fairweather Friend
The Most Serene Republic- S/T
Devendra Banhart- Smokey Rolls Down Thunder Canyon
A Hawk and a Handsaw- S/T
Charlotte Gainsbourg- 5:55
Iron & Wine- The Shepherd's Dog
White Rabbits- Fort Nightly
Broken Social Scene presents Kevin Drew- Spirit If...
Prefuse 73- Prepalations
Akron/Family- Love is Simple
Buck 65- Situation

I also listened to every Serge Gainsbourg album ever. He makes me so happy, but obviously is not a 2007 sort of thing. I'll probably add more later as the end of the year is more heavily favored. It is difficult to remember what albums I was spinning heavy in January.

No comments: