Friday, May 9

I'm far too excited about lucite coffee tables

Now that I am a graduate of sorts, I'm allowing my super type-A personality to devote itself entirely to decorating the new aptie. I've been making silly lists for each room of what I have currently for the room, what BF has for the room, and what needs and could be bought for the room, what retailers have cute and affordable items that fit within the requirements, etc...

Though it is quite silly, I'm tempted to post them, so that I can access my own lists whenever I want. My paper lists get quite wrinkled in my purse. It is nice working at a retail store specializing in home decor because I can get lots of wonderful things at wholesale. Surprisingly though, wholesale prices for luxury goods can be ridiculously more than retail for average stuff. Does that actually mean it is better quality? I'm not sure yet. However I've never slept on nicer bedding than Matteo linen sheets, though it was quite a stretch just to pay wholesale.

OCD lists to follow, with pictures of course...

P.S.- Bluefly.com is wonderful. I was shopping for a graduation dress and the one I liked said there was only one left, but I hadn't gotten my stimulus refund yet. I borrowed money from the BF to buy the dress. Two days later there were more on the site and for $30 less. I emailed and explained the situation, asking for a price adjustment. I expected douche-baggery to follow, however, I received a very nice email saying "Of Course, We Love You!" and they refunded the difference. I know that sounds silly, but in the world of faceless commerce, it is nice to get good service once in a while.

No comments: