Thursday, May 1

I know it makes me seem like a sorority girl, but...


The creative director at my job says girls who pick out their own engagement rings are bitches...however, it is too much fun not to look and send links to your mom and boyfriend. I am fascinated by these vintage rings. I want to know who owned it before, what was the meaning of the ring, what was the proposal like? There is something tragically romantic about estate jewelery in general. I don't understand why anyone would by a new ring, but then again, if they didn't, there would be no rings for me.
I ususally post whatever fashion/design thing I'm currently coveting or shopping for on the internet, and since right now, it is engagement rings, why not share? Even though it makes me feel a little dirty... This is more for fun anyways! We're not doing anything serious for a while.




Yellow diamonds are awesome, even if they are trendy










I'd say that creativity in engagement rings has decreased over the years...silly

This asymmetrical ring is from symmetry


Could they have picked a better hand model?



This one is sold, but it is a neat style. It's like a happy basket!


Brown Diamonds are also spectacular

For some reason, this one makes me think of a lion head with a mane...but that's a good thing.


It doesn't help that I love the new Beach House album and the first song is "Wedding Bell" haha Speaking of albums, the Crystal Castles album is awesome. It makes me want to dance in my apartment with my cat. I feel like maybe they came to town before I knew who they were which is sad...But I'm excited for my M.I.A. concert all Saturday night and Sunday morning, Osteology final at 1:00pm Sunday, and then going directly to Jazz Fest after. I better wear comfortable shoes haha

2 comments:

mirspace said...

My mom and I are looking at Ross Simmons estate jewelry. Where did you find all these?

sarahlacy-ahoy said...

faycullen.com and antiqueengagementrings.com
Fay Cullen also has some awesome brooches and such as victorian scottish anchor pins which I love